No Foreign Lands has been very kindly nominated for a Liebster Award 2015 by Migrant Muse.
Thank you so much Portia!
The Liebster Award was created for bloggers to help discover and connect with new bloggers.
Liebster is a German word which can be translated to: sweetheart, beloved person, darling.
It is always lovely to get a little recognition for the hours I’ve poured into this blog!
As part of the rules, I have to answer these 11 questions:
1. Why did you decide to start a travel blog?
Technically speaking, No Foreign Lands is not a travel blog per say.
You will not find ‘10 places to visit while in China;’ but you will definitely find interesting stories about a place I visited through the form of photo essays.
At the heart of it, No Foreign Lands is a personal blog to showcase my photography works but who knows, my medium is always evolving.
2. What do you currently do for a living?
I pay the bills by speaking four languages and freelance in photography whenever I can.
3. What do you love and hate most about blogging?
I love how supportive the blogging community is; that I am able to reach out to people who appreciates my work. My day is made when I receive an email thanking me because I ignited a bit of wanderlust or the urge to pick up the camera in them.
I can’t hate blogging; just that with my current personal life’s workload, it is hard for me to find the time to blog.
It may seem easy to shoot, post up a couple of pictures and press publish but the editing process for my images is so important to me that I spend most of the time simply trying to curate the right images for a post.
4. Have you received any negative reactions from your blog?
I have not receive any negative reactions but I always welcome constructive criticism for my work.
5. Where do you plan to travel to next and why?
There is a list of places that never stops growing but I will make a trip to Taiwan come December as I have a performance with my choir, Schola Cantorum Singapore there during the Christmas period; so why not spend an extra couple of weeks exploring the place while I am at it.
Japan and Italy ranks high on the list just because I speak both languages but never had a chance to visit the country where the language is actually spoken!
6. What has been your most memorable or inspirational trip and why?
Nepal was hands down one of the best and most memorable trip I made.
There was something about Kathmandu whereby I felt at peace wherever I went with the exception of Thamel. Waking up to the view of the Himalayas every morning does not hurt too.
Although I would say my recent trip to Bali was very inspirational; due to amazing people and exposure I had during the Foundry Workshop in which I will touch on in the coming posts.
7. Are you involved in any travel blogger networks or groups? If so, which ones?
Nope, I am not involved in groups of any sorts at the moment.
8. Have you gone on any press trips or written any sponsored posts or products?
I was blessed to had been sponsored by Spring Airlines for my trip to Shanghai, China and Resort World Genting to Genting Highlands, Malaysia.
I do the occasional advertorials for products as well and am open to more of such collaborations if it suits the work I do.
9. How would you describe the way you travel?
When in doubt, walk straight.
10. What do you think sets you apart from other bloggers?
The fact that I focus on photo essays instead of 10 cafes you should visit.
11. What are your goals for your blog and what are you hoping to achieve from blogging?
I guess the main goal would be for my blog to act as a platform to get my work seen.
Although it does not hurt to get fed from blogging if that is possible!
I would now like to nominate:
1. Raksha Nagaraj of solopassport.wordpress.com
3. Charles Hayward of wordsfromtheroadofficial.com
4. Donny of alphawanderlust.com
5. Jessica Chan of jessicavchann.wordpress.com
6. Arisa Mameda of foodiethailand.com
7. Jithin of trablogger.wordpress.com
8. Jaclynn Seah of theoccasionaltraveller.com
9. Natalia of lostkalinka.wordpress.com
10. Ichigo Eric of freesoulinabirdcage.wordpress.com
11.Patricia Veronica Jasmin of rainbowanderlust.wordpress.com (Her Response)
Instructions for Nominees:
Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions that I’ve provided below.
In your post, be sure to link back to the blog who nominated you (Jamie Chan of No Foreign Lands) with a thank you and shout out.
After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees. Select, list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers.
Provide these instructions. Finally, create 11 questions for them to answer.
Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Questions for the Nominees:
1. Do you prefer to travel solo or with a partner?
2. What is one thing you will never travel without? (A picture would be nice)
3. What was the longest trip you had ever taken?
4. Where and when was your first trip?
5. Any travel horror stories?
6. Which is your favourite blog post?
7. How do you keep consistent with blogging?
8. What are you passionate about?
9. Was their one particular trip that made you realize you have the wanderlust and you knew that you needed to keep traveling?
10. What is your favourite dish from abroad?
11. Tell me 5 things should know about you!
I do hope you have fun doing up the posts and manage to spend some time to check out and follow the other blogs too(:
Categories: News & Stuff